Programming language Java has proved its worth in modern web app building. Java is a popular general-purpose, object-oriented programming language released in 1995. Java is versatile and ubiquitous, boasting many opportunities and tools for website building and modern application development.
What is Java
Java programming language and computing platform was developed by Sun Microsystems. Today, there are thousands of websites and different kind of applications that will not run without Java. Most online games, mobile applications, online chats, 3D images, and other use types of applications use Java. Java is a set of computer software products for developing application software and deploying it in a cross-platform computing environment.
Java programs have become a vital technology for many computing environments and various modern implementations. According to Java.com:
• 1.1 billion desktops run Java
• 930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year
• 3 billion mobile phones run Java
• 31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
• 100% of all Blu-ray players run Java
• 1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year
• Java powers set-top boxes, printers, games, car navigation systems, ATMs, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more
Java Principle WORA
Java is the most widely used programming language allowing application developers “write once, run anywhere”, or WORA. Java code can run on many different computing platforms and does not need to be recompiled to run on another. Java applications run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and other operating systems. Java is used on mobile phones, enterprise servers, embedded devices. Java programming language development is based on several principles. Java should be (from Wikipedia): simple, object-oriented and familiar; architecture-neutral and portable; interpreted, threaded, and dynamic; robust and secure; high performance.
Using Java enables the application developers to create applications of high-level functionality, productivity and portability. From Java.com:
• Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
• Create programs that can run within a web browser and access available web services
• Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
• Combine applications or services using Java to create highly customized applications or services
• Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, consumer products, and practically any other electronic device
Java is almost everywhere today. Java programming is one of the pinnacles of modern implementations and web application development.